Heavenly Emblems: A Fire Emblem Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum was created for a Never Winter Nights and Dungeons and Dragons based Fire Emblem roleplay. This site is open to anyone who is interested.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tips: Stats and How To Make Your Own

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PrettiiBoiiPhobiia
Admin
PrettiiBoiiPhobiia

Tips: Stats and How To Make Your Own Empty
PostSubject: Tips: Stats and How To Make Your Own   Tips: Stats and How To Make Your Own EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:36 pm

It's not every day that people have to create their own stats for a character, so I figured that I should just write out a bit of stuff to help you guys out.

The stats that will be used in this roleplay are the following:

HP
STR
DEF
RES
SKL
SPD
LUK
CON
MOV

OR, if you are a Magic User, your stats will look something like this:

HP
MAG
DEF
RES
SKL
SPD
LUK
CON
MOV

In this case, MAG replaces STR.

This might be hard to understand for some, so I'll go through what each one of them is.

HP- HP stands for Health Points, which is basically your life. Not that hard to understand.

STR- STR stands for Strength, which is basically how hard you can hit things.

MAG- MAG is another easy one, it stands for Magic, which is the Strength of all Magic Users.

DEF- DEF is Defense, which is how much you can stand being hit.

RES- RES stands for Resistance, which is how well you can withstand status ailments as well as magical attack.

SKL- SKL stands for Skill, which is how well you can do the things that you do. The higher the skill, the better you are. Skill also adds to your ability to pull off critical attacks.

SPD- Another easy one, SPD stands for Speed, which is how fast you can attack things. The lower your speed, the slower you are.

LUK- Yet another easy one, LUK stands for Luck. Speed plus Luck goes in to how well you can dodge enemy attacks, and Skill and Luck goes into how often you can pull off a critical attack.

CON- CON stands for Constitution. This, oddly enough, stands for Toughness and Vigor. If anyone can explain this one to me, please do.

MOV- MOV is another easy one, it stands for Move Points or Movement. This means how many steps you can move in any direction without including the move cost of a certain area.

Well, now that you know what they all mean, lets discuss how to make your own stats.

Say you're making a Thief. Thieves are sneaky, quick, and can be rather deadly if you're not careful. Stats for a level one Thief would look a little something like this:

HP 19
STR 7
DEF 4
RES 8
SKL 7
SPD 11
LUK 12
CON 6
MOV 7

There as the stats for something like a Mage would look like this:

HP 10
MAG 3
DEF 4
RES 8
SKL 6
SPD 4
LUK 5
CON 11
MOV 4

However, you can make your stats to fit your character.

There are some rules to follow, though.

- HP of an unpromoted character cannot exceed 20
- Movement of an unpromoted character cannot exceed 10
- The STR, DEF, RES, SKL, SPD, LUK, and CON of an unpromoted character cannot exceed 55 combined
Back to top Go down
https://heavenlyemblem-ferpg.forumotion.com

Tips: Stats and How To Make Your Own
Page 1 of 1